UPDATE2: ATA mkIII first official patches - please test!

Søren Schmidt sos at DeepCore.dk
Thu Feb 17 14:01:29 GMT 2005

mark at markdnet.demon.co.uk wrote:
> sos at DeepCore.dk wrote:
>
>>Marcus Grando wrote:
>>
>>>My problem persist...
>>>
>>>Any other patch? or idea?
>>
>>Hmm, does it work without apic ? without ACPI ?
>>And your cabling is correct and spec conformant ?
>>The 686A' I have in the lab works just dandy...
>

> Just an observation, but my Promise ATA-100 controller will drive 1 UDMA-66 and one UDMA-100 disk fine at UDMA-33 with the cable on the wrong way round (oops) using the previous update.

Well, the problem with "wrong way around" is that determining what the
cable is fails in unpredictable ways, as long as your transfer rates are
reduced there is no problems. However if a higher transferate is used
than the cable is spec'd for you get ICRC errors as this was originally
about.

--

-Søren