mlxcontrol..?

allen bsdlists at rfnj.org
Wed Feb 16 16:26:14 GMT 2005

Just wondering if any work is being done on this that will allow mlxcontrol
to do raid configuration?  It looks like the source has been "dead" for a
few years, with this still listed in the "bugs" section of the manpage.

So far the only SCSI RAID controllers I've used that have any sort of
support for online raid configuration are the ICP-Vortex cards, which are
pretty damn expensive.

If there's some other utility that can do this, even 3rd party, I'm
interested in hearing about it.  Right now it seems my only options for
doing this offsite are either to get an ICP-Vortex card, kvm-over-ip, or a
console server assuming the bios supports console-over-serial.