Save the Demon!

Jared Earle jearle at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:16:42 PST 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:46:07 -1000, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
> > AFAIK, one of the main points of that logo competition is
> > to do away with anything that could be interpreted in an
> > religious way.
>
> this is sick.  should it happen, i'll take up the penguin.

Wow, if that's your take on it, then maybe you should.

A logo isn't an OS. If someone somewhere can misinterpret Beastie, is
it our fault or theirs? Here's the answer: it doesn't matter. A logo
shouldn't, for whatever reason, good or bad, be part of anyone's
decision on what OS to install. If supplementing Beastie with a
different logo brings more users to FreeBSD, then it's a no-brainer.

--
   Jared Earle :: http://www.23x.net
 jearle at gmail.com :: There is no SPORK