gvinum or vinum in 5.3-STABLE

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Sun Feb 13 23:56:31 PST 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 11:08:26AM +1030, Tristan wrote:
> can anyone confirm what the preferred tool is
> in 5.3-STABLE, vinum or gvinum ?  Is gvinum
> ready for production use in a RAID5 config ?

You need to use gvinum on 5-STABLE and -CURRENT.

As far as I can tell, it would be wise to update to 5-STABLE or wait
for 5.4 in order to use gvinum with RAID-5 configurations.

There have been some important fixes to gvinum wrt RAID-5 on the -STABLE
branch.

Do _not_ use regular vinum on 5-STABLE, it will not work.

--Stijn

--
An Orb is for life, not just for Christmas.