problem with my AC97 audio integrated

Davide Lemma davide at sito.it
Fri Feb 11 04:57:47 PST 2005

Goomorning, this is my last resource... because I've tried everything to make working my AC97 integrated audio...

let's start from beginning... I've a laptop (Medion SIM2000) very nice... the onboard sound is an AC97 (SiS7012),
the card is well known by my system (5.3STABLE) but no sound comes out from speakers... just from headphone :(
while in windows is works in the right way... the strange thing is that if I don't load the snd_ich module the speaker works... it makes beep and so on when I put something like echo cde >/dev/speaker, but when I load the snd_ich module speakers are muted :( of course they work with headphone inserted :) where is the trick here??
is it a driver problem even if I don't think this is the problem?? perhaps a registry to manipulate output way ?? I really don't know... I've searched around and tried to apply a patch to it because I've heard about inverted JACK SENSE... but nothing worked 4 me... please give me a chance...

thanx in advance, bye
Davide