interrupt routing

dima _pppp at mail.ru
Thu Feb 10 01:26:29 PST 2005

>> Ah, so they are all on the same bus.  Yuck, performance is going to be
>> sucky. Bad Tyan, no cookie.  That'll also explain the limited number
>> of interrupts available.  I don't think there's anything we can do to
>> help the situation, sadly.
>
> Buy a PCI-X SCSI/GigE card, and use that instead of the on-board one?
> Neither of our S288[12]'s are sharing any IRQ's; we're using Adaptec
> 2120S RAID cards, and they have a bus and IRQ to themselves.
Thanks for your suggestion; I will think about purchasing a NIC.

> MySQL performance still sucks on our FreeBSD machine, but that's an OS
> problem; the hardware looks fine to me.  If you have suggestions for a
> better dual Opteron motherboard I'm all ears :)
I didnt have a chance to try MSI stuff yet; it contains a single channel SCSI onboard though. Its not that good for future HD expansion in my deployment. I set up 4 drives (60MB/s*4 is quite ok for a SCSI-320) for database now and directed the 2nd SCSI channel to the backplane.