sendmail_enable="NO"

security security at jim-liesl.org
Sat Dec 31 15:55:14 PST 2005

Gregory Neil Shapiro wrote:

>>I've a feeling it's documented somewhere else, but can't remember
>>right now.
>>

>The rc.conf(5) man page points to rc.sendmail(8) man page.

And the rc.sendmail(8) under 5.4 stable says that "NONE" is deprecated
and will be removed in a future release.  According to the man page,

To completely prevent any sendmail(8) daemons from starting, you must set
     the following variables in /etc/rc.conf:

           sendmail_enable="NO"
           sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
           sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
           sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"