i915drm

Gianmarco Giovannelli freebsd at gimbo.org
Fri Dec 30 07:09:16 PST 2005

At 13.16 29/12/2005, you wrote:
 >Le Jeudi 29 Décembre 2005 07:59, Gianmarco Giovannelli a écrit :
 >
 >> The plain xorg 6.8.2 seems not be able to
 >> recognize the card (at least the mine).
 >> Do you have used the patch :
 >> http://apocalyptech.com/linux/nc6120/xorg-6.8.2-i810.patch
 >> to compile it ?
 >
 >No it works out of the box for me.

Confirmed.
On my Fujitsu-Siemens lifebook p7010 (intel
855GM) the same enviroment (xorg 6.8.2 ,
dri-devel, module i915 in the kernel) let me have
about 750 fps. Not so much but enough to play
quake3 on this ultralow voltage centrino box.

Is there anyone here that can share it's
xorg.conf to use something of the new accel features of the card.

Thanks...

P.s.
I tried also the patch for xorg 6.8.2 for using
the i915 card but without any success to let it use the dri.
Someone is taking care of this iussue ? :-)

Happy New Year to everyone !!!

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://utenti.gufi.org/~gmarco/