"runtime went backwards" message in logs

Julian H. Stacey jhs at flat.berklix.net
Thu Dec 29 16:39:57 PST 2005

> PS. Not sure if this have anything to do with it (the message mentions CPU
> time, not the clock), but I'm running a ntp daemon, to synchronize time...

Highly likely it has a Lot to do with it :-) Maybe the master time
server had `date` run manually, or otherwise shifted, or came back
on net after an outage, & the systems noticed drifted time & corrected etc.
	man ntpd
	man ntp.conf
	etc :-)
--
Julian Stacey.  Consultant Unix Net & Sys. Eng., Munich.  http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii, HTML=spam.     Ihr Rauch = meine allergischen Kopfschmerzen.