compat 5x libraries missnig after restart

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Wed Dec 28 02:55:16 PST 2005

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:25:39 -0600
Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen at math.missouri.edu> wrote:

> Doug Barton wrote:
> > Add the following to /etc/rc.conf.local:
> >
> > compat5x_enable=yes
> >
> > And it would probably help if you watched the messages printed to
> > the console as the system boots.
>
> And you should also have read the message that came when you
> installed the port - you know, the one that immediately scrolled off
> the top of the screen.  And you should also have checked
> ports/UPDATING - oops, scratch that last piece of advice.
>
> Seriously, I consider my self lucky, not superior, that I caught this
> change and didn't face the same problems as the OP.

You mean you've read those mails with [HEADS-UP] pre-pended to
subj. line ?

> I hope you guys fix this "feature" before RELEASE-6.1, otherwise the
> mailing lists are going to be full of this issue.

There's nothing to fix and yes, it's a feature (which will be probably
referenced in the release notes).

--
IOnut - Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"

"There's only one kind of woman ..."
"Or man, for that matter.  You either believe in yourself or you don't."
		-- Kirk and Harry Mudd, "Mudd's Women", stardate 1330.1