6-STABLE: panic: vinvalbuf: dirty bufs

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Tue Dec 27 09:29:03 PST 2005

Hi guys,

[ please Cc: me in your replies as I am not subscribed to this list ]

I have a 6-STABLE box :
% FreeBSD obiwan.tataz.chchile.org 6.0-STABLE FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #0: Mon Nov  7 11:50:33 CET 2005     root at obiwan.tataz.chchile.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

I got a panic as stated in the subject.  In order to not overload the
mailing list, I put the dmesg extracted from the core as well as the
kgdb(1) backtrace in the following files on my webserver.
Note that the dmesg contains errors I got just before the box panic()'ed.

http://jeremie.le-hen.org/~tataz/dumps/dmesg.panic.vinvalbuf-dirty_bufs.txt
http://jeremie.le-hen.org/~tataz/dumps/kgdb.panic.vinvalbuf-dirty_bufs.txt

If you need it, here is a dmesg of an alive system :
http://jeremie.le-hen.org/~tataz/dumps/dmesg.no_panic.txt

I hope this will help to sweep out the bug.  In case you need more
things, such as a full backtrace or verbose boot dmesg, please, let
me know.

FWIW, does the following error means my disk is dead ?
% unknown: TIMEOUT - READ_DMA48 retrying (1 retry left) LBA=487055103

Thank you.
Best regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen