compat 5x libraries missnig after restart

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Tue Dec 27 09:25:43 PST 2005

Doug Barton wrote:
> Add the following to /etc/rc.conf.local:
>
> compat5x_enable=yes
>
> And it would probably help if you watched the messages printed to the
> console as the system boots.

And you should also have read the message that came when you installed
the port - you know, the one that immediately scrolled off the top of
the screen.  And you should also have checked ports/UPDATING - oops,
scratch that last piece of advice.

Seriously, I consider my self lucky, not superior, that I caught this
change and didn't face the same problems as the OP.  I hope you guys fix
this "feature" before RELEASE-6.1, otherwise the mailing lists are going
to be full of this issue.

Stephen