6-STABLE panic: unusable core file

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Tue Dec 27 08:56:40 PST 2005

Hi list,

[ please Cc: me in your reply as I am not subscribed to this list ]

my 6-STABLE box panic()'ed and generated a crash dump.  Once the
box was online again, I wanted to get the backtrace with kgdb(1)
in order to post here there.  Unfortunately, I get the following
endless error, as if kgdb(1) entered in an infinite loop :

% obiwan:crash# kgdb kernel.debug vmcore.17
% kgdb: kvm_read: invalid address (0x190011)
% kgdb: kvm_read: invalid address (0x1000)
% kgdb: kvm_read: invalid address (0x113)
% kgdb: kvm_read: invalid address (0x113)
% kgdb: kvm_read: invalid address (0x113)
% ...

What am I supposed to do ?  Is there a fix to get in HEAD sources or
am I doing things in the wrong way ?

Thank you.
Regards,
--