lsof on 6.0

Danny Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Thu Dec 22 07:27:03 PST 2005

> > > Do you have a mount which is a symlink?
> >
> > no, but many nfs.
> > minbari> mount
> > 132.65.16.100:/d/6 on / (nfs)
>
> nfs mounted root. I think that's the problem.
> If you can compile as follows:
> env CFLAGS='-g -pipe' STRIP= make install
>
> then run:
> gdb /usr/local/sbin/lsof
>
> At gdb:
> (gdb) break dmnt.c:159
> (gdb) run
>
> When breaking:
> (gdb) print sr
> (gdb) print ln
> (gdb) print dn

and here it is:

shuttle-3# gdb ./lsof
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
This GDB was configured as "amd64-marcel-freebsd"...
(gdb) break dmnt.c:159
Breakpoint 1 at 0x402779: file dmnt.c, line 159.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/pobj/r+d/ports/sysutils/lsof/work/lsof_4.77A.freebsd/ls
of
lsof: WARNING: access /root/.lsof_shuttle-3: No such file or directory
lsof: WARNING: can't open /root/.lsof_shuttle-3: Read-only file system

Breakpoint 1, dev2udev (c=0xe) at dmnt.c:159
159                 if (ln != dn)
(gdb)  print sr
$1 = -1