6.0/amd64 boot hang if apic enabled on IBM x336

Maxim M. Kazachek stranger at sberbank.sibnet.ru
Wed Dec 21 02:03:11 PST 2005

Does not work on xSeries 336 for me. Shows that CPU have HTT, 2 logical
CPU. But does not launch "logical" CPU. When I've added #define
MPTABLE_FORCE_HTT 1 into /sys/amd64/amd64/mptable.c I've seen detection on
second CPU, but it hangs solid after "Timecounters tick every 1.000 ms".
Just after that in single processor mode mpt0 is begin to initialize.

    Sincerely, Maxim M. Kazachek
        mailto:stranger at sberbank.sibnet.ru