i915drm

Gianmarco Giovannelli freebsd at gimbo.org
Tue Dec 20 21:36:29 PST 2005

At 23.56 20/12/2005, you wrote:

 >>> I have applied the patch et voila' :-)
 >>> drmsub0: <Intel i915GM>: (child of agp_i810.c) on agp0
 >>> info: [drm] AGP at 0xb0080000 0MB
 >>> info: [drm] Initialized i915 1.2.0 20041217
 >>> hp:/home/gmarco> glxgears
 >>> ERROR: line 125, Function intelInitDriver, File intel_screen.c
 >>
 >> This looks like incompatibility between graphics/dri and xorg-server.
 >> See this thread:
 >> http://freebsd.rambler.ru/bsdmail/freebsd-x11_2005/msg00907.html
 >> Works for me with graphics/dri-devel and x11-server/xorg-server
 >>
 >The combination of graphics/dri-devel and x11-servers/xorg-server is not
 >suitable for i915gm. This chip is only supported by
 >x11-servers/xorg-server-snap. However it does not work well with either
 >graphics/dri-devel or dri from cvs (as of today).

Infact I have tried all the combinations me too, but I found that
plain xorg 6.8.2 doesn't work after the patch (it seems to remember
it used to work before, but I can be wrong) and with the latest
snapshot (903) the latest dri produces the error  above resulting
slover than before the patch.

Any other idea/test/patch ?
Let's keep fighting ... :-)

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://utenti.gufi.org/~gmarco/