"Request Requeued/Retrying Command" with twa card on FreeBSD 6.0

Mike Andrews mandrews at bit0.com
Mon Dec 19 19:38:11 PST 2005

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Vinod Kashyap wrote:

>> I've got a weird but apparently minor issue with a 3Ware
>> 9500S-4LP in a FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE system...
>>
>> When the system is run with boot.verbose="YES" in
>> /boot/loader.conf, I get these messages on the console:
>>
>> (da0:twa0:0:0:0): Request Requeued
>> (da0:twa0:0:0:0): Retrying Command
>> (da0:twa0:0:0:0): Request Requeued
>> (da0:twa0:0:0:0): Retrying Command
>> (repeat a few dozen times each time)

> Although the driver can handle 254 simultaneous requests, if the I/O's,
> are big, there's the possibility that the firmware cannot accept new
> requests
> even if 254 has not been hit.  In that case, the driver will have to ask
> CAM to requeue the requests.

OK, that makes sense.  I'll just try raising the tag values until I hit
the retries again and then back off a bit.  Maybe 64 or so.

(And move my project to replace qpopper with something Maildir-based a
little higher up my priority list...)

Mike Andrews  *  mandrews at bit0.com  *  http://www.bit0.com
It's not news, it's Fark.com.                  Carpe cavy!