Firefox/Thunderbird: Weired close behaviour (stuck) and installation problems

O. Hartmann ohartman at mail.uni-mainz.de
Mon Dec 19 10:15:40 PST 2005

Hello.
Since a few days I recognize a weired behaviour of both Mozilla Firefox
1.5 and Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7 on FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE/AMD64/i386:

- when closing both applications, the close their window but there is
still a process eating up CPU time with state 'ucond'. kill -9 # helps.
As far as I can remember this misbehaviour wasn't obvious befor last
week (I do cvsupdates on a two-daily cycle).

On both, amd64 and i386, types of the most recent FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE,
doing a portupgrade fails for thunderbird, I remains stuck on this last
message forever:

install  -o root -g wheel -m 444
/usr/data/ports/usr/data/ports/mail/thunderbird/work/fake/libdata/pkgconfig/thunderbird-plugin.pc
 /usr/X11R6/libdata/pkgconfig/thunderbird-plugin.pc
/bin/mkdir -p /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins
/usr/bin/touch -f /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/.thunderbird.keep
===> Building Chrome's registry...

Can anyone confirm or help, in case this is a fault on my own weirdness?

Thanks,
Oliver

P.S. I do not apply a dmesg because this error occurs on all diffrent
flavours of hardware but with the same OS: FReeBSD 6.0-STABLE (most recent).