Release Schedule for 2006

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Mon Dec 19 08:14:43 PST 2005

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 12:06:12PM -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Well, no, the "sound system" is not broken, perhaps a driver just

In my case it is broken, I hear cracks and dropouts with my Soundblaster
Live card and the emu10k driver. It gets worse with higher loads and
uptime. I experienced the same with onboard sound (VIA 8237/ALC850).
I think these problems are well known since the first 5.x releases.

> doesn't work on your hardware (or you're using the wrong driver).  You
> also forgot to describe your system.

No, I didn't describe my system(s), because it wasn't my intention to
ask for help or support with this mail.

> When you encounter a problem, as you apparently did, you need to
> inform the appropriate people (e.g. port maintainer), otherwise
> there's no way they can help you to resolve it.

In this special case (devel/pear) we had a thread in ports@, and
the maintainer was involved but obviously couldn't help with this
problem, at least he did not comment on this.

Uwe