HEADS UP: Release schedule for 2006

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd.stable at melvyn.homeunix.org
Sun Dec 18 12:22:41 PST 2005

On Sunday 18 December 2005 20:46, martinko wrote:

> # sysctl hw.acpi.cpu
> hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C1/1
> hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
> hw.acpi.cpu.cx_usage: 100.00%
>
> and, imho, cx_supported should list all available states, doesn't matter
> what is in rc.conf. (well, at least i reckon it's supposed to work that
> way.)
>
> but:
>
> i already had 3 Cx states back on 5.3.
> and when i had them, C2 was used most often (and C3 wasn't at all iirc).
>
> so what has changed in the system please and how am i to get back my
> states please ??

This is exactly the thing you need to report via send-pr. Developers won't be
aware of regression errors if they don't get reported.

Cx states are configured via acpi, so I'd visit the acpi list and prepare a
dump of your acpicode for the developers to look at. See acpidump(8) for
details.
--
Melvyn Sopacua
freebsd.stable at melvyn.homeunix.org