problems with usb keyboard

Jakub Łaszczyński jakub.laszczynski at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 14:00:16 PST 2005

hi.
i bought recently an usb keyboard. but when i connected it and started
up fbsd-6.0-stable(ukbd is in kernel).
when i tried to login, and enter my log/pass, it just did the ' '
(space character) instead of normal chars. my next step was editing
/boot/loader.conf and inserting:
hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x1"
reboot, and the same thing is happening. after inserting:
ukbd_load="YES"
to /boot/loader.conf,
the system just freezes after loading driver atkbd,  i made some
experiments connecting, plugged in my old ps2 keyboard and run simple
loop doing ls /dev/kbd*, after i plugged in device appeared, and then
i tried to do: kbdcontrol -k /dev/ukbd0 < /dev/console, but both
keyboard freezed.
do you have any suggestions, what might be wrong, what can i check or
just what to do to make it work.
the keyboard is:
http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/product/product-1.asp?pdtno=548