6.0 random freezes

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Mon Dec 12 18:50:32 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-Dec-12 22:21:52 -0400, fredthetree wrote:
>I just wanted to chime in and say I've had my 6.0-RELEASE #0 freeze up twice
>in the past few days.  never once had it happen with 5.x.  everything locks,
>no keyboard response, no mouse, and after several minutes it reboots itself,
>and savecore starts up during boot..

This suggests you've had a panic (or something that develops into
one).  If you've got a crashdump, you can probably get enough
information out of it for people to get an idea of what is wrong.
Please have a look at:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebg-gdb.html

--
Peter Jeremy