Upgrading 5.3 > 6.0 buildworld failure now in libmagic

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Tue Dec 6 14:31:56 PST 2005

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 14:15,  the author Vizion contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: Upgrading 5.3 > 6.0 buildworld failure now in libmagic:

>On Tuesday 06 December 2005 13:28,  the author Kris Kennaway contributed to
>the dialogue on-
>
> Re: Upgrading 5.3 > 6.0 buildworld failure now in libmagic:
>>On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 01:20:44PM -0800, Vizion wrote:
>>> On Tuesday 06 December 2005 11:47,  the author Vizion contributed to the
>>> dialogue which was on-
>>>  Re: Upgrading 5.3 > 6.0 buildworld failure in libkrb5 but is currently:
>>> Upgrading 5.3 > 6.0 buildworld failure now in libmagic

>>> <snip>

>>> Well certainly made a difference but now it fails in magic
>>
>>Update to 5.4 before trying to update to 6.0.
>
>Thank you Kris
>
>You are a mine of information as always.
>
>I do wish there was some consistency in updating about this.. I asked on
> this list whether I needed to upgrade to 5.4 before mocing to 6 and the
> advice suggested that I could go straight from 5.3 to 6 but there we are --
> guess that's life <chuckles>
>
>Presumably it would be safest to delete /usr/src/* and cvsup with
> tag=RELENG_5
>
>Thanks again
>
>david

Just an additional question if some one has time to answer.

Should I upgrade my ports from 5.4 as well prior to moving to 6?

I have a large ports installation on the system I am upgrading.

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.