Upgrading 5.3 > 6.0 buildworld failure in libkrb5

Gunther Nikl gni at gecko.de
Tue Dec 6 00:03:32 PST 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 03:18:43PM -0800, Vizion wrote:
> I have tried repeatedly to get make buildworld for upgrading from freebsd
> 5.3 to 6.0 but get repeated failure in libkrb5.

  Maybe you should update to the latest 5-STABLE before uprading to
  6-STABLE.

> I have tried with very helpful advice from freebsd-questions contributors:
>
> with and without ccache
> 3x make cleandir prior to build
> additional cvsup of source tree

  I always build with an empty /usr/obj.

> /usr/src/kerberos5/lib/libkrb5/../../../crypto/heimdal/lib/krb5/changepw.c:170:
> error: syntax error before "chpw"

  Dou you need kerberos? I disabeled it through a knob in /etc/make.conf.
  Check /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf for details.

  Last weekend I upgraded my 5-STABLE installation to 6-STABLE and all
  went smoothly. First I built 6-STABLE from 5-STABLE, activated it and
  then I built 6-STABLE again.

  Gunther