Sysinstall automatic filesystem size generation.

Julian H. Stacey jhs at flat.berklix.net
Tue Aug 30 12:16:22 GMT 2005

"Steven Hartland" wrote:
> data. In addition to that I dont have to sit though 1 hour worth
> of offline checks when it crashes for what ever reason which I
> do on our FreeBSD boxes.

[Apologies if I missed something, coming in late on thread, but ...]

FreeBSD-4 does fsck on dirty filesystems before going multi user: You wait.
FreeBSD-5.* & 6.0-BETA3 : fsck runs in background after boot: No waiting.

--
Julian Stacey.  Consultant Unix Net & Sys. Eng., Munich.  http://berklix.com
Mail Ascii not HTML.          Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerzen.