Circles with libcrypt.so.3

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 21:21:08 GMT 2005

:
> So since this is not a production machine yet I try pkg_delete -f perl5.8.6, it does not see the package. So finally I use pkg_add -f perl5.8.7.  It complains that I am missing (so far) via /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared Object:
> libcrypt.so.3 (as well)
> libutil.so.5
> libthread.so.2
> not found, required by perl5.8.7...
>
> What am I missing?  I would prefer not to start over. From the 5.4 install, should I just install Apache and Mod_SSL from source? Would I run into the same issues?

You'll need to install all 5-STABLE packages from source, as I just
helped another user with a similar problem (no libpthread.so.2 for his
net/ntop package).  I suspect that the build system for 5-STABLE
packages is broken, as those library versions are for RELENG_6 and
7.0-CURRENT.

Another possibility is that the package build for RELENG_6 is placing
the packages in the wrong directory.

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.