CVSup timeout

Bryan Buecking bryan at vanten.com
Thu Aug 25 01:54:24 GMT 2005

Chris Demers wrote:

> I have run into this myself in my own home network, what I have found that
> fixed it is I just adjusted the MTU on all my stations with problems to the
> size of the pppoe packet size.  From the error try changing it to in your
> case 1454 and see if the error goes away.

Thanks, that did it.  I tried adjusting my MTU before, but did not
consider the MTU of the FW; which happens to be set to 1450.  So setting
the MTU of problematic machine to 1450, and not 1454, fixed my issues.

I guess the only other point worth mentioning is the fact that with fbsd
4.11 works fine with an MTU of 1500.  I'm not sure, but could this have
something to do with DF bit not being set correctly?

--
Bryan Buecking