6.0-BETA3: 'kldunload linux' --> panic

Reed Loefgren rloef at interfold.com
Wed Aug 24 13:36:37 GMT 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Rene Ladan wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 05:07:14PM -0700, Iva Hesy wrote:
>> On 8/23/05, Rene Ladan <r.c.ladan at student.tue.nl> wrote:
>>> The following panic can reliably be reproduced on a GENERIC 6.0-BETA3
>>> kernel when loading linux support via /etc/rc.conf (linux_enable="YES")
>>> and then issuing "kldunload linux".
>>>
>> No, I have a BETA3 box too, and can unload linux kernel module after
>> booting with linux_enable="YES"...
>
> On a i386 UP ?
> CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe  (should be safe)
>
> Rene
> --
> GPG fingerprint = 5FFA 3959 3377 C697 8428  24D0 BF3E F4A9 AE33 5DCC
>
> "It won't fit on the line."
> 		-- me, 2001

I have just loaded/unloaded the linux module eight times on a beta-3
single proc PIII-866 cvsupped last night; all while running 6 instances of
crashme and the load floating around 6.07.

I suspect the mentioned CFLAGS is doing what people have always been
warned it could/would do. (Sigh.)  I'm sure the Release Team intends to
make 6 not only the best FreeBSD release ever, but the best .0 release
ever. And I think they're going to do it. (They'll have to to get me off
4.11 :) ).