USB camera

haro at kgt.co.jp haro at kgt.co.jp
Wed Aug 24 09:58:01 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm not sure if this helps, but....
Have you looked in to the following URL?
http://www2.starcat.ne.jp/~takam/bsd/NetBSD.html

This page has some info on getting some USB camera running
on NetBSD and FreeBSD.

Hope this helps,
 Haro

From: "Kevin Oberman" <oberman at es.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:48:48 -0700
::> Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:36:21 +0300
::> From: Oleg Korecky <lw at land.ru>
::> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
::>
::>
::>    Did sombody know how I able grab video stream from USB camera ?
::>
::>        Sorry for my bad english!
::
::Far better than my Russian!
::
::I'm afraid FreeBSD currently lacks support for USB video devices. There
::has been discussion of both porting V4L to BSD or creating a BSD video
::system, but I have yet to see any indication of when or if either will
::actually be available.
::
::As of today, the only video input available for FreeBSD is a video
::capture card using bktr(4). These devices are fairly inexpensive (at
::leat in the US) at about $25. Less on ebay. But you then need a camera
::offering composite video out and these can be a bit harder to come by.
::--
::R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
::Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
::Ernest O. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab)
::E-mail: oberman at es.net			Phone: +1 510 486-8634
::