portsdb (Warning: Duplicate INDEX)

Zimmerman, Eric Zimmerman.Eric at con-way.com
Thu Aug 18 13:18:29 GMT 2005

Have you ever tried portsnap? I find it MUCH more efficient and a lot
faster than what you are using now.  Give it a try, its good stuff. It
doesn't have dependencies like portupgrade (which I think is what you
are using now, no?)

It lives at /usr/ports/sysutils/portsnap/

NAME
     portsnap -- fetch and extract compressed snapshots of the ports
tree

DESCRIPTION
     The portsnap tool is used to fetch and update compressed snapshots
of the FreeBSD ports tree, and extract and update an uncompressed ports
tree.

Eric