Create 2.5TB file system on 5.4S?

dpk dpk at dpk.net
Mon Aug 15 22:43:42 GMT 2005

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Brandon Fosdick wrote:

> Any suggestions? Are there specialized raid test suites or should I just
> write a script that writes/deletes a lot of files?

That's what I did -- lots of dds running with high block sizes, filling
the partition, then forcing an unclean flag (umount, run 'fsck /dev/da0',
^C it before it's done) and rebooting. Roughly trying to reproduce what
the array would go through under "normal" circumstances (while not having
the clean flag is not "normal", it would be pretty awful to lose
significant data because of a panic or power loss).

I still don't entirely trust the system after seeing what I saw in PR
i386/84589 (I have not yet seen the UFS2 problems I alluded to in that PR)
but we're at about 38% full on the two carved partitions (3 months of
data, doh! :)) and it hasn't crashed yet.