4->5 libmilter.a install failure

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Aug 9 09:02:59 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-Aug-08 14:25:35 -1000, Randy Bush wrote:
>my error.  i hacked /etc/make.conf between build and install.
>so i can use ed to unhack it, but when i try to install again

>cd /usr/src; /usr/obj/usr/src/make.i386/make -f Makefile.inc1 hierarchy
>cd /usr/src/etc;                /usr/obj/usr/src/make.i386/make distrib-dirs
>mtree -eU  -f /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.root.dist -p /
>/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmd.so.2" not found, required by "mtree"

Apart from the other suggested solutions:  At the beginning of the
installworld, make stashes a selection of utilities (including
mtree) into a temporary directory (${INSTALLTMP} in Makefile.inc1).
The exact name varies but is something like /tmp/install.XXXXXXXX
If you haven't lost the directory from the first installworld, you can
always copy mtree (any any other over-written utilities) back where
they started.

--
Peter Jeremy