buggy ATA controller: I can install 4.11, but not 5.3 !?!

Graham Menhennitt gmenhennitt at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 26 02:09:28 PDT 2005

Rob wrote:

>Another reminder: when I try to install 5.3 on this
>PC, I get a "no disk found" error at a very early
>stage of the installation procedure. I hope to
>investigate this further in a not-so-near future....

Rob,

I have a similar problem with 5.3 although I'm not doing a new install -
I'm upgrading from an earlier 5.X. Can you please try installing a 5.X
from December last year or earlier. Actually, you don't need to install
anything - I'd just like to know whether it can see the disk. I've
faised PR kern/79332 about it which contains two possible fixes.

Thanks,
    Graham Menhennitt