ftpd & PAM

Rob MacGregor freebsd.macgregor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 09:58:46 PDT 2005

On Thursday, April 21, 2005 5:48 PM, Ivan Voras <> unleashed the infinite
monkeys and produced:

> in.ftpd: LOCAL: allow
> in.ftpd: ALL: deny
>
> ALL : ALL : allow
> """
>
> I constructed the in.ftpd lines by looking at other examples and the man
> page, but it doesn't seem to work - I can login from another machine on
> the same network. ALl machines have proper (global) DNS entries so I
> don't think this should fall under the manual excerpt:
>
>         LOCAL  Matches any host whose name does not contain a dot character.

Which will include any host in the same domain (or at least anything where you
can do "host fred" and get an IP back.

Try:

in.ftpd: 127.0.0.1: allow
in.ftpd: ALL: deny

Instead

--
 Rob | Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards!