Problems with world build in RELENG_5_4

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Thu Apr 14 10:44:44 PDT 2005

El Thursday 14 April 2005 18:51, Doug White escribió:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I found a little problem with RELENG_5_4 buildworld in my env.
> >
> > I have a little patched RELENG_5_4 src in a local cvs server,
> > mounted ro,-L in the build machine (/usr/src)
> >
> > No rpc.lockd or rpc.statd daemon running in both machines.  build
> > machine timesync with cvs server by ntpdate before build.
> >
> > Every time I do a rm -rf /usr/obj/* && cd /usr/src && make
> > buildworld I get:
> >
> > ===> share/info
> > ===> include
> > rm -f osreldate.h version vers.c
> > rm: version: Read-only file system
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > The only thing I change form previous week builds are the -L mount
> > and disabling the rpc.lockd and rpc.statd daemons in both machines.
> >
> > I can solve the problem doing a make obj before make buildworld.
>
> Sounds like these files may be leftovers from a local build on the
> NFS server.  You might try doing 'make cleandir; make cleandir' on
> the server to remove any remnants.

No builds made in the nfs server ever.  make cleandir gets to the same
result.

> Areyou setting MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX in /etc/make.conf?

No. /usr/obj is in a local fs.  Only /usr/src is in the nfs server and
mounted ro.

Seems I can't reproduce it with nfs locking enabled and well configured.
Nor with /usr/obj populated before the build. Maybe a make issue?

--
  josemi