virtual machines

Nick Barnes Nick.Barnes at pobox.com
Tue Apr 12 03:05:08 PDT 2005

I run FreeBSD as my main desktop, but occasionally have to develop,
build, or test software on a variety of other x86 operating systems
(mainly Windows NT 4, Windows XP Pro, and Red Hat Linux).  At the
moment I have a row of mini-towers and a KVM switch.  I'd much rather
run these other machines as virtual machines under FreeBSD.  Can
anyone recommend virtualizing software for FreeBSD?  I don't mind
having to pay, as long as it really works.

I see that VMWare, for instance, is not supported on FreeBSD.

I'm running 4.9-RELENG at the moment, but considering an upgrade to
5.x.

Nick Barnes