problems with bge and cisco gbic-t sfp

kama kama at pvp.se
Sat Apr 9 04:20:23 PDT 2005

You cant set th no speed nonegotiate on these gbic's. Maybe this is

Anyhow, due to misconfiguration on the router, ie: wrong IP, I now have
connection to the net. They wrote 207 instead of 217 when they configured
it.

But I also see this problem with other switches. like dumb switches where
you cant set the speed.

Next week I'll will bring the server for a test drive and see how they are
working under load.

/Bjorn