Problems with AMD64 and 8 GB RAM? (solved)

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 8 13:04:19 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 10:09:11AM +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> The moral of the story is, I suppose, "don't buy the MSI K8T
> Master2-FAR".  I was warned about the motherboard before I bought it,

WHY??  There is nothing wrong with that motherboard -- I have three of
them.  You are at fault for trying to treat a consumer desktop 2P mobo as
a high-end server one.  People do not run 2GB DIMM's in an MSI K8T
Master2-FAR.  If you want >4GB RAM get an eATX 4+4 DIMM configuration
motherboard from Tyan or Iwill.

The MSI K8T Master2-FAR works fine with 1GB DIMM's.  Where on MSI's
website did they state 2GB double-stacked DIMM's were supported?

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)