5.4-PRERELEASE usb audio problem

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Thu Apr 7 22:56:01 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005, Christian Laursen wrote:

> When I plug in my Logitech USB headset I get the following:
>
> uaudio0: Logitech Logitech USB Headset, rev 1.10/1.13, addr 2
> uaudio_add_selector: NOT IMPLEMENTED

I think this is the problem here.

> uaudio0: audio rev 1.00
> pcm1: <USB Audio> on uaudio0
> pcm1: chn_init(pcm1:play:0) failed: err = 19
> pcm1: pcm_chn_create(ua_chan, 1, 0xc1974780) failed
> uhid0: Logitech Logitech USB Headset, rev 1.10/1.13, addr 2, iclass 1/1
>
> With 5.3 and earlier it used to at least work for playback but now
> it seems to be completely broken.
>
> I saw a lot of commits to uaudio, including recording support. Does
> something need to be merged from -CURRENT for it to work properly?

I have a Playstation2 branded headset which appears the same as yours.

Poking around in the code, there is a UAUDIO_MULTIPLE_ENDPOINTS #define
that is commented out. Compiling with that defined gets a little more info
-- it appears that the underlying USB layer is not providing multiple
endpoints for a specific interface. I'm turning on debugging and seeing if
something is getting confused in reading the hardware configuration or if
its a dumb bug.  The code certainly appears to try iterating over the
endpoints.