nfsiod tasks started in error

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Thu Apr 7 13:47:53 PDT 2005

In the last episode (Apr 07), bob at a1poweruser.com said:
> You did not answer my question. how can I kill these bogus nfs tasks
> as part of the boot up or what to change in the boot up process so
> these tasks don't get started in the first place?  What is a work
> around with out compiling the kernel?

The answer is to remove "options NFS" from your kernel and recompile.

If you enable the nfs client, you automatically get "nfsiod" threads
created for you, just like if you have acpi compiled into your kernel,
you get "acpi_task*" threads, or if you have a keyboard plugged in, you
get an "irq1: atkbd0" thread.  Neither of those existed in 4.* and
you're not complaining about them.  What is it about those four nfsiod
threads that upsets you so much?

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com