5.4-PRERELEASE pccard problem

Christian Laursen xi at borderworlds.dk
Sun Apr 3 14:30:28 PDT 2005

Doug White <dwhite at gumbysoft.com> writes:

> On Sat, 2 Apr 2005, Christian Laursen wrote:
>
> > After upgrading to 5.4-PRERELEASE as of yesterday, I now have a problem
> > with my wireless card that has worked fine before.
> >
> > When I insert it I get an instant panic like this:

[snip]

> This makes no sense. What version of src/sys/dev/pccard/pccard.c do you
> have?

__FBSDID("$FreeBSD: src/sys/dev/pccard/pccard.c,v 1.93.2.2 2005/02/03 00:30:02 imp Exp $");

> Line 381 is a comparison in RELENG_5:
>
> 381                 if (matches && ent->pp_cis[0] &&
> 382                     (vendorstr == NULL ||
> 383                     strcmp(ent->pp_cis[0], vendorstr) != 0))
> 384                         matches = 0;
>
> pccard.c does not call any of the radix functions.

I agree it does look pretty weird.

> I'd suggest blowing away your kernel source and obj dir and rebuilding
> your kernel + modules from scratch. This looks like you have a mismatched
> module somewhere, or memory corruption, or worse. Be sure to follow the
> instructions in UPDATING explaining how to track -STABLE and build the
> world and kernel correctly.

I always use follow the buildworld, buildkernel, installkernel, installworld,
mergemaster routine when updating things.

Anyway, I tried blowing away /usr/obj, cvsupping to RELENG_5_4, built world
and kernel and installed both.

And it still panics with the exact same stack trace. :(

--
Christian Laursen