maximum size of ufs file system

Desmond Phoon beastie at streamyx.com
Thu Sep 23 06:00:42 PDT 2004

I do not agreed that regular file size limit only up to 2Gb, I tried once
written a program to write to a file, which able to exceed 6Gb (of course I
stop it after that).

And I have checked struct stat in the include file /usr/include/sys/stat.h
and it shows the filesize is off_t (which is int64) in current
implementation, so I assume it is 2^63 size.

Please correct me if I'm wrong b'cos I would like to know this too.

Regards,