4-STABLE and 3Ware 9000 series controllers

Albert Chin freebsd-stable at mlists.thewrittenword.com
Tue Sep 21 18:44:43 PDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 05:38:18PM +0100, Jason Thomson wrote:
> A few caveats:
>
> 1.  The firmware is included in the driver.  The driver will update the
> card's firmware if the driver has more recent firmware than the card.
> The firmware that came with the 4-STABLE driver at the beginning of
> August was quite old;  we had to kldload a more recent driver from the
> 3ware website in order to complete the install.

I went through the software download procedure on their web site and
was able to download 9.0.2-Upgrade.zip. So is it a bad idea to use an
older driver with the firmware from this package? It seems you can
-UTWA_FLASH_FIRMWARE and the driver won't flash the firmware on you.

--
albert chin (china at thewrittenword.com)