Spinlock problem in 5.3-Beta

Phil Kernick Phil at Kernick.org
Wed Sep 15 01:31:44 PDT 2004

Why are people continuing to ask -CURRENT questions in -STABLE?

Just because 5.3-RELEASE will probably become stable, it isn't -STABLE now,
and the -STABLE list isn't the place to ask questions.  Please take them back
to -CURRENT where they belong.

Phil.

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 08:43:12PM -0600, Jason Porter wrote:
>
>>I cvsuped last week, on 9 Sept and since then I've installed XMMS and
>>mplayer from the ports and neither one of them work, here are the errors
>>I receive when I try to start them:
>>
>>XMMS:
>>Fatal error 'Spinlock called when not threaded.' at line 83 in file
>>/usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_spinlock.c (errno = 0)
>>Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>>
>>mplayer:
>>Fatal error 'Spinlock called when not threaded.' at line 83 in file
>>/usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_spinlock.c (errno = 0)
>>Abort trap (core dumped)
>>
>>I'm not sure if this is a new feature in 5 or a debugging problem or
>>what.  Does anyone have any help they can offer?
>

> Check the archives, this is a FAQ.
>
> Kris

    _-_|\     Phil Kernick
   /     \    E-Mail:  Phil at Kernick.org