Adaptec ATA RAID 1200A

Gary Allan stable at gallan.plus.com
Fri Sep 10 06:50:23 PDT 2004

Haim Ashkenazi wrote:

>Hi
>
>I've installed freebsd 4_10 on a pc with Adaptec ATA RAID 1200A (mirror)
>and it seems to work fine. in dmesg I can see the raid (ar0) and the
>disks.
>my only concern is that since this card is not supported (according to
>adaptec it only supports windows), I'm afraid that in the case of disk
>failures, I won't see the errors in '/var/log/messages'. (a problem I'm
>having with compaq card and debian - but there, I can check the status
>with the leds).
>does anyone have experience with this card on freebsd?
>
>thanx

I believe this card is based upon a Highpoint 370/370A chip which is
supported by the manufacturer.
http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA/b370na.htm
I 'm currently using a card with this chipset under FreeBSD 4.10 with no
problems. The array was listed as a drive during the install process
(along with it's component drives strangely.)

Regards

Gaz