Adaptec ATA RAID 1200A

Haim Ashkenazi haim at babysnakes.org
Fri Sep 10 06:01:08 PDT 2004

Hi

I've installed freebsd 4_10 on a pc with Adaptec ATA RAID 1200A (mirror)
and it seems to work fine. in dmesg I can see the raid (ar0) and the
disks.
my only concern is that since this card is not supported (according to
adaptec it only supports windows), I'm afraid that in the case of disk
failures, I won't see the errors in '/var/log/messages'. (a problem I'm
having with compaq card and debian - but there, I can check the status
with the leds).
does anyone have experience with this card on freebsd?

thanx
--
Haim