3ware 7506, FreeBSD 4.x, Maxtor Disks & SMART Problems.

Eduard Martinescu martines at rochester.rr.com
Wed Sep 8 13:45:40 PDT 2004

If you want to test out the experimental 3ware support in smartmontools, you
can check out the CVS version or wait a few days for the 5.33 release (not
sure when ports will be updated, however, as this is not a 'stable' release).

I have added support for 7xxx series 3ware controllers (/dev/twe*), and I'm
currently working on supporting the 9xxx series 3ware controllers
(/dev/twa*).

Ed