Bad ATA Drivers ?

Warren Liddell shinjii at virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com
Tue Sep 7 18:54:36 PDT 2004

Since updating kernel//ports//src a few weekends ago my machine seems to
error after a period when trying to mount my cdrom or dvd rom drive.  dmesg
shows the devices where detected on boot but when trying to mount i get the
following...

mount /cdrom
cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Invalid argument

mount /dvd
cd9660: /dev/acd1c: Input/output error

9:21AM  up 1 day, 13:16, 0 users, load averages: 1.00, 1.02, 1.20

An yes there was a CD & DVD in each drive.

I can work around it by using atacontrol detach and attach but is of an
annoyance to do each time i wish to use my dvd drive, since i cant detach
ata0 for my primary hdd is on the same ata.

I am using FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE and have been since it became STABLE

crw-r-----  4 root  operator  117,   0 Aug 15 09:34 /dev/acd0c
crw-r-----  4 root  operator  117,   8 Jul  1 14:31 /dev/acd1c
--
Yours Sincerely