freebsd 5.3 have any problem with vinum ?

Carl Makin carl at xena.IPAustralia.gov.au
Sun Oct 31 15:05:22 PST 2004

Hi Greg,

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

>On Monday, 25 October 2004 at 14:21:33 -0600, secmgr wrote:
>

>It's beginning to look like that's a bad idea.  Lukas is
>(understandably) working only on gvinum, and since I know it's nearly
>there, I'm not going to do any further work on Vinum in FreeBSD 5.
>Given the problems, I'd suggest that we yank it.

Do you want to yank it in 5 or 6-CURRENT?  There are a *lot* of people
using vinum and yanking it in 5-STABLE would force us all to use the 5.3
security branch until gvinum caught up.

Carl.