TFTPD timeout

Max knyaz at dom-sp.ru
Sun Oct 31 03:30:54 PST 2004

R> Maxim V Tretjyakov wrote:
>>
>>>Do you have an entry for tftpd in /etc/hosts.allow ?
>>

>> Yes, there is:
>> ALL : ALL : allow
>>
>> I never changed this file.

R> I have a tftp server running on a master PC for a cluster of
R> diskless PCs (though this is a 5.3 system). When using the
R> proper hostnames or IP numbers with tftp, it works just fine.

R> So far I had never tried with localhost, so I did it just now.
R> Whatever I do with localhost, it never allows tftp. So apparently
R> there's something build-in that does not allow tftp over localhost.
R> It also doesn't make much sense to use tftp for localhost,
R> does it? Have you tried to use the proper IP number with tftp?

R> R.

I want to make a diskless router with FreeBSD. It recieves from dhcpd
IP-address, network mask, default router address. Than it tries to get
file pxeboot from tftp server and displays timeout. I tried to connect
to this tftp-server from many workstations - from Windows and FreeBSD,
not only from localhost. And any time i recieve timeout. Looks very
strange.

--
Bet wishes,
 Max                          mailto:knyaz at dom-sp.ru